
Every year on this week I feel a great sadness, and I know I'm not the only one. This year is 7 years since Shane and Tina passed away. They are greatly missed everyday. Sometimes it feels like only yesterday and sometimes it feels like it has been much longer. Death is very hard to accept but I find that remembering helps. I like to remember the good times, and also the way a community came together to help a family in their time of sorrow. So even though we are all saddened by such a huge loss I hope that we can all find comfort knowing that we have had the opportunity to know and love two amazing people.
I found this poem online and thought it portrayed exactly how I feel:
If tears could build a stairway,
And memories were a lane.
I would walk right up to heaven,
To bring you home again.
No farewell words were spoken,
No time to say good-bye.
You were gone before I knew it,
And only God knows why.
My heart still aches in sadness,
And secret tears still flow.
What it meant to lose you,
No one will ever know.
You and angels around Gods happy throne.
I would have held you closer if I had known.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Shane and Tina
Posted by Melanie at 3:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
That was a beautiful post Melanie. The poem was perfect. It feels like just yesterday I was talking to Tina in the grocery store parking lot; but, their children are nearly grown and time surely does fly. I think about Shane and Tina frequently, especially at this time of year. Thanks for sharing, Love Shelli
What a beautiful post from your heart. Such a nice way to remember your family! The boys often ask on the way to church about the white crosses. It is hard to believe it has been 7 years. I still remember Katrina being so little when I first met them. Thinking of you today! Love, Michelle
sharing tears and hugs with you right now....love you guys.
Post a Comment